BSO Music Box
Co-presented by Strathmore and the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra
In collaboration with Levine Music
Back by popular demand! The BSO Music Box concert series is the perfect program for budding little music lovers. Maria Broom hosts these 30-minute highly engaging and interactive concerts featuring an ensemble of BSO musicians performing light-hearted classical and children’s songs to develop your child’s musicality, creativity, coordination, and literacy. Half an hour prior to each concert, the room fills with a range of musical, creative, and fun activities for children and families, presented by Levine First Music.
Ideal for ages 6 months–3 years. See our helpful tips for your visit!
Great Big Animals
Snowflakes on Parade
- All concerts take place at AMP by Strathmore in Pike & Rose.
- Attendees of all ages, including accompanying adults, are required to have a ticket to ensure we don’t go over our maximum allowed capacity.
- Unreserved seating will be available in the back of the house, but we plan to leave plenty of floor space for dance and play. Bring a floor blanket to get comfy! No strollers, please.
- Parking is free for up to 2 hours in Pike & Rose garages. See AMP parking information.
- Have a group of 10 or more? Learn more about groups at AMP.
ABOUT HOST MARIA BROOM
Although nationally recognized as an actress for her recurring roles in HBO’s The Wire and The Corner, Maria Broom is also a storyteller and dancer with more than 40 years of performing and teaching across the globe, as well as the author of The Village Bully. A Fulbright Scholar, an OSI Fellow, and a former featured news reporter for Baltimore's WJZ TV, Broom has received many awards and honors, including the Eubie Blake Award, the Sarah’s Circle Award, and the 2004 Governor's Arts Award. She was named Artist of the Year in 2007 by Young Audiences/Arts for Learning. Currently, Broom is on the theater faculty at the Baltimore School for the Arts, a guest instructor for Peabody Preparatory and Center Stage.
BSO Music Box concerts are supported by the Maryland State Arts Council, Arts & Humanities Council of Montgomery County, the Citizens of Baltimore County, and Howard County Arts Council. Additional support is provided by the BSO’s Official Education Sponsor: Transamerica, and Supporting Sponsors: Sylvan/Laureate Foundation and Baltimore Symphony Associates.